I find that Im a very jealous person. When things are not about me I do one of 2 things.
Either I withdraw and become non-responsive and go into denial (partially or totally) or I try to demonstrate that I am superior by using several methods, one of which is to put down the person or people or group I am jealous of.
This is a sickening but at the same time good realisation.
When I look around me I see a lot of people being really good at what they do. I realise that I am very average in what I do. This causes me to want to chuck in the towel and just go to bed to sleep to forget.
The fact that I am being confronted with this dreadfulness becomes unbearable.
Perhaps this would be a good theme for a story:
Guy is overly jealous of those around him, tries to do everything to prove he is better, but fails. Realises in the end that nothing is gained by this behaviour and moves on.
This Jealousy thing is all about the power. If I know I am better at something, then I feel a sense of power. I can make other people gape in awe.
When I know I should be encouraging someone to develop their skills, I am actually more concerned with not sharing my knowledge and skills, so that they wont become experienced, because I am afraid that they will be better than me.
Another option is to completely withdraw from any form of confrontation. That way there would be no challenges.
At the end of the day, though, challenges are good, (that's boring but true) and I should cherish that fact that I am feeling challenged because eventually it will lead to me growing again.... and growing is painful.
Either I withdraw and become non-responsive and go into denial (partially or totally) or I try to demonstrate that I am superior by using several methods, one of which is to put down the person or people or group I am jealous of.
This is a sickening but at the same time good realisation.
When I look around me I see a lot of people being really good at what they do. I realise that I am very average in what I do. This causes me to want to chuck in the towel and just go to bed to sleep to forget.
The fact that I am being confronted with this dreadfulness becomes unbearable.
Perhaps this would be a good theme for a story:
Guy is overly jealous of those around him, tries to do everything to prove he is better, but fails. Realises in the end that nothing is gained by this behaviour and moves on.
This Jealousy thing is all about the power. If I know I am better at something, then I feel a sense of power. I can make other people gape in awe.
When I know I should be encouraging someone to develop their skills, I am actually more concerned with not sharing my knowledge and skills, so that they wont become experienced, because I am afraid that they will be better than me.
Another option is to completely withdraw from any form of confrontation. That way there would be no challenges.
At the end of the day, though, challenges are good, (that's boring but true) and I should cherish that fact that I am feeling challenged because eventually it will lead to me growing again.... and growing is painful.
No comments:
Post a Comment